2020 will soon be over - a fact that many find comforting, hoping that 2021 will bring the COVID-19 pandemic to an end. The entire world was effected, and the graphene industry and academia have been adapting quickly in developing graphene-based technologies that could assist in the fight against the Corona virus.
Here are the top 10 stories posted on Graphene-Info in 2020, ranked by popularity (i.e. how many people read the story):
- How can graphene assist in the war on Coronavirus? (Mar 24)
- Graphene amplifier may tap into the "terahertz gap" (Feb 6)
- New face masks use graphene and electrical charge to repel viruses and bacteria (Mar 20)
- MIT researchers use graphene to convert terahertz waves to usable energy (Mar 30)
- planarTECH and IDEATI launch graphene-enhanced antibacterial face masks (Apr 14)
- New graphene biosensor can detect SARS-CoV-2 in under a minute (Apr 21)
- Goodyear to launch bicycle tires with graphene technology (Jan 26)
- New method uses hydrogen plasma to smooth out wrinkles in graphene (Jan 17)
- New graphene-based lithium-air battery may enable longer-running electric cars (Jan 12)
- Health-tech startup Flextrapower launches GO-enhanced protective face masks (Aug 11)
You can see the huge effect of the pandemic as half of our most popular stories related to graphene facemasks and sensors.
Here's for a healthy and exciting 2021!