Graphene 3D Labs logoA few months ago, Graphene Labs and Lomiko Metals launched a new company called Graphene 3D Lab that focuses on the development of high-performance graphene-enhanced materials for 3D Printing. Lomiko Metals announced a few days ago that Graphene 3D Lab is going to perform a reverse-merger with Matnic Resources, a public company that trades on the Canadian TSX Venture Exchange (ticker: MIK.V).

When the reverse merge is final, Graphene 3D Lab will own 60% of the new company, while the rest of the 40% will be owned by other funders. Lomiko Metals will invest $300,000 to keep its 15% stake in Graphene 3D Lab. Effectively, this means that Graphene 3D Lab will soon become a public company.

Graphene 3D Labs is not alone in graphene-based 3D printing research. In October 2013 American Graphite Technologies (AGT) launched a research project in collaboration with Ukraine's Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology that will develop graphene-based working materials for 3D printing. Last month Grafoid also announced it is developing graphene-based 3D printing technologies.

Tags:
Versarien - Think you know graphene? Think again! Versarien - Think you know graphene? Think again!