Directa Plus has announced that its G+ graphene-enhanced facemasks, Co-mask, are now available for retail sale at a new, dedicated website.
“Since the dangers of COVID-19 first started to become apparent, Directa Plus has been determined to help with the fight against the disease, and to use the unique properties of graphene and the strength of Directa Plus’s IP portfolio to enhance personal protective equipment. The company redirected effort and resources in its Advanced Development Area, R&D facility, to achieve this,” Directa Plus said in a statement.
The Co-mask range of G+ masks have been designed to be suitable for use by commuters, in the workplace, and during sport and exercise. The graphene enhancements are said to deliver a range of benefits to the user as follows:
- G+ enhanced fabric is naturally bacteriostatic – which means that it stops bacteria reproducing on the mask and the fabric itself is dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic
- The Planar Thermal Circuit built into the highly breathable fabric spreads heat from directly in front of the wearers mouth for greater comfort
- The Co-mask comes in multiple sizes and is easily adjustable for maximum ergonomic comfort
- Washable, with replaceable G+ enhanced filters, the Co-mask can be reused, making it more environmentally and economically sustainable than alternatives
- G+ enhanced filters are certified to have high filtration performance and high respiratory performance in line with European Standard EN 14683
Giulio Cesareo, Founder and CEO of Directa Plus, said: “Directa’s focus is always on taking existing products and adding the graphene enhancements that make the user experience better and safer; and doing so in an environmentally sustainable way.”
“We hope that these graphene enhanced masks will prove themselves as a useful addition to the fight against coronavirus. Next target will be the anti-pollution solutions, that could be the first step in the vertical of air purification.”